This was my first time out of the country and looking back, I never realize what a big world this place is. Living in Southern California and frequently visiting the same cities,  sticking to the same routine, and engaging with the same people, the world has become a very small place.  Visiting Rome has truly opened my eyes to truly understand that this world does not revolve around Southern California. I've always know that there were other countries and lifestyles but I never understood it. It was a real taste of "culture shock." 
For the first time, I feel like I've been neglected of life. The sense of being surrounded by beautiful and amazing architecture with lots of history is foreign here in Southern California. Don't we just go the museum for that? Each view in Rome was surreal, like a painting, whether it be the river or the park or the coffee shop. The first building we first visit was dubbed the "Wedding Cake" by our class because it literally looks like a wedding cake. And who could forget that each city was magnificent and unique in their own ways? Even amateur photographers can capture the beauty of the island Capri or the Tivoli Italy man made waterfall because at any given angle, focus, or position, it was just speechless. Life should be this awesome everywhere! Oh, I miss Rome!