Rome Home
 
Whenever I travel somewhere, I always imagine what my life would be like if I were to stay. Maybe that's because I haven't found the place where I want to live permanently yet... but who says you need to live in one area permanently. But instead of looking at the art, food, and culture of a place that I visit, I look at the people. Are they happy? Is their life a one worth living? I think that's why I like older people so much. They've lived for a long time in usually the same area, and from what I can tell from the older people of Rome, their life is a one worth living, and they are truly happy.
 
Maybe they're happy because they are surrounded by family. Or maybe they achieved the goals they had set out for themselves when they were young. Or maybe they chased their wildest dreams and actually made them happen. I guess I will never know exactly what made them happy, but I do know they are happy.
 
One thing is always true though, you create your own happiness. If you want to be sad, that's your own decision. But everyone has that choice and I believe that the older people have learned this lesson.