There is something so beautiful about how steadfast this city is, and how this nation is so rooted in culture and tradition. As I walk over these uneven cobblestones dodging scooters around every turn i find it impossible to not have the biggest smile on my face. I have rambled through these streets without fear, only to stumble onto the most beautiful monuments created for man and God, tucked away into the city. Some of the most mundane buildings here can cast shadows onto the most important and revered monument in our home country. Its amazing, if I lived here I would never want to get used to it. Its hard to imagine walking by the Pantheon and not being awestruck by it's beauty every time. 
Why do people come here? Talking to Everyone has shown me that we all came here for the same reason; perspective. To feel yourself as part of a world that is much bigger than anything you have imagined. No matter where we came from and what had to happen to get us to this country we all share this unspoken feeling that living this life will give us a new outlook on ourselves. To be able to point to myself on a map and see how far away from home I really am gives me a deep sense of peaceful isolation. That all my troubles are behind me. And when I finally do return to them, I will face them with my mind at ease and my soul at rest.