From the moment I stepped down from the bus and onto the streets of Rome, it hit me that I would be away from everything I was ever accustomed to and it made me ecstatic for the journey I was in for. My first weekend began everything with a bang. Oh Firenze, you will be remembered forever with your comfortable homey vibes. Walking down the street and seeing such an intimate city was very comforting. I was in complete awe of the architecture and felt breathless at every turn.



Duomo di Firenze was like love at first sight. I wish I could have captured what I saw, but unfortunately I didn't translate it too well through my iPhone camera. 


After this photo, Allyson and I got lost trying to find the Hop On Hop Off tour bus, which led to us walking almost all of the city. It was frustrating at first, but when the bus took us to Piazzale Michelangelo, we were jumping for joy because the view was so beautiful. 


Unfortunately, we only stayed in Florence for one day, but I couldn't have asked for a better trip in Tuscany. We visited Siena, San Gimignano, and Pisa, which were all amazing.

 

I'm truly grateful for my parents for allowing me to have the experience of a lifetime.